Wednesday, March 18, 2015

2015 KGSP-Graduate -- Send the documents to Sookmyung Women's University

I decided, today is the right time to send my documents to Sookmyung Women's University at Korea by EMS. It cost IDR 189.200.

If you send the documents, my suggestions is, send it in a big brown envelope.

For KGSP, you need to send 1 original set of documents, and 3 copy set of documents. In here, original means not really original. But the documents, such as your transcript and degree certificate, must be notarized by university or notary or Korean Embassy.

KGSP documents
1. Application Form for applicants who apply via Designated University - this should be original. Type the applications form by computer, then print it and put your photo in there (1pcs of 3x4 this year -- I remember that it's different size last year, but I forget what size. Just make sure to read what they ask). I think, no need to give additional photos, because they only ask you 1pcs.
----- Copy this application form with photo 3 times, so the result there's a copy of your photo too (black and white).
----- If you apply for Embassy, there's Application Form for applicants who apply via Embassy (*don't make mistake)

2. Self Introductions - write your introductions in here, your course of life, your view of life, study background, work experience, your motivation, ect for only 1 page (don't write more than 1 page). The font size which provided from guidelines is so small, so if you can, adjust it until size 10 to make people comfortable to read it.
----- Copy 3 times (black and white)

3. Study Plan - write your plan of study, your goal of study and your future plan.
----- There's Research Proposal page, if you apply via embassy or designated university, you didn't need to fill it, only for reseach program.
----- Copy 3 times (black and white)

4. Letter of Recommendation - There's a template for the recommendation letter. Copy at your USB and give it to your profesor, and ask him/her to fill the template, print it, then sealed it in envelope with his signature in the back of the envelope. Then send it back to you.
----- You don't need to copy this letter, don't open it too. Let the embassy or university help you to copy it.

5. Pledge - Print and sign it.
----- After you sign it, copy 3 times (black and white).

6. Personal Medical Assestment - fill it.
----- Copy 3 times (black and white)

7. Diploma or Certificate of graduation from undergraduate institution 
8. Official Transcript from undergraduate institution
I have an english translations for my graduation certificate and transcript, so I just need to notarize it and copy 3 times. I'm using local notary, and I have to pay IDR 150.000 for 2 copy each documents (total 4).
----- If you have english version, then you just need to notarized it. You can notarized it in your university, or local notary, or Korean Embassy. Just choose which is convenient for you. You need to pay for this notarized things. After notarized, then you can copy 3 times (black and white), so you don't need to notarized 3 documents.
----- If you didn't have english version, then you have to use sworn translator to translate your documents into english, and notarized it at your university or Korean Embassy or local notary.

9. Certificate of TOEFL or IELTS score - This documents is optional. You can send it if you have, but if you didn't have then it doesn't matter. I have TOEFL score but not official, so I just send it without notarized. I also have HSK score, but I thought that didn't necessary so I didn't send my HSK score.
----- don't forget to copy 3 times

10. Copy of Passport

11. Copy of Parents Passport

12. Birth Certificate
I send copy of my passport and my parents passport without notarized. But I have birth certificate which already translate to english by sworn translator, and it's acceptable. Copy each of them 3 times (black and white)

----- Maybe it's different for some university, so you have to check it before you send the documents.
----- I'm using Mitra Penerjemah for translate my documents to English.

After all documens ready, put each set documents in chocolate envelopes which smaller than the big one (don't fold the documents, look for A4 / F4 envelope). I put every set of documents inside plastic, and chocolate envelopes so I have 4 small envelopes (don't fold, look for A4 envelope). Don't forget to name the envelope:
> Original Documents - KGSP 2015 - (Applicant's name) - (Country)
> Copy of Documents - KGSP 2015 - (Applicant's Name) - (Country)

Then I put them (all 4 envelopes) inside bigger envelopes. Then print the destination address and send it.

I'm using EMS from Indonesia, and there's no problem on sending process.


Now just wait until the documents arrive and the notice from the SMU.

No comments:

Post a Comment