Wednesday, April 23, 2014

2014 KGSP-G - The 1st Result of Sookmyung Interview

Ms Kim said, there will be a bit delay from 9th April to 24th April. But today, in the morning, I got an email.

She said, that unfortunately, I didn't nominated because the number of students from Indonesia that can be nominated is limited. But I passed the interview, and she offer me "Special Scholarship of International Students".

I feel relieved once the result came out. Even I have not been nominated, but it's okay. It's an experience to apply such a great scholarship. That's give me another challenge and experience.

So, time to move on. Let's move to next target...

NB: I just want to share it to you guys, who interested to apply for KGSP. Event I didn't nominated, but if you need information, and fortunately, I can help, then I will help you.

Thank you

2 comments:

  1. Hai mbak~^^
    Nggak sengaja nemu blog ini, hehe

    I am planning to apply for 2015 KGSP-G through Sookmyung, I am still in the process of writing my study plan now.. hehe
    Do you mind that I am asking you something about KGSP? About your study plan, did you state your detailed research interest (very detailed) in your essay, or you just stated what you wanted to get from this program only? How did you write your self introduction? I am still not sure about this, so I want to know your experience~^^
    I am worried because as what could I see from Ms. Kim's email, we knew that there were (may be) many Indonesians who applied for this university.. The fact that my TOEFL score and GPA are not that high is making me even worried.

    I hope you don't mind to respond my comment,
    Thank you, mbak~^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already write a longg comment, but due to error, it's gone.. T___T

      Haha.. Thank you for your comment. I hope, my reply is useful.

      About my study plan, as what I remember, I didn't state the very detailed research interest, I just state what I'm going to research and the reason why I want to research that.

      About my Self-Introduction, I just write where I came from, and where I study. Then I just tell them the change of interest process because what I applied for KGSP Program is 100% different from my Bachelor Degree. And why I applied the program.

      I think, TOEFL score is not too important because mostly, major in KGSP is taught using Korean. TOEFL is just additional documents. If you don't have it, then don't worry. I don't have it too. Except, you applied for English program. That's why for Master Degree, there's 3 years for you to take. 1 year for Korean Language Program, and 2 years for Graduate Degree. And between those 1 year language program, you have to pass TOPIK Level 3 to be able to continue the program.

      My GPA is not that hight too. But don't worry, as long as you can give the best influence from your self-introduction and study program, then it doesn't matter.

      There's so many Indonesian that apply for this program. You can join this group. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1489630261249082/)

      Last year, some Indonesian passed 1st nomination, but failed in 2nd nomination. It's really strong competition.

      Good luck for your applications.. Don't forget to stay tune at NIIED Website at early February.. :)

      Delete