Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Aunty Trip > Yogyakarta ~ Special District of Yogyakarta ~ Indonesia

My Aunty from Guangzhou, China, was coming to Indonesia for celebrating my cousin’s wedding and Chinese New Year. And because, I can speak Chinese, so it’s my pleasure to guide her on tour near my hometown. The first destination is Yogyakarta. Yogyakarta is a city and the capital city of Yogyakarta Special Region in Java, Indonesia. It is renowned as a centre of classical Javanese fine art and culture such as batik, ballet, drama, music, poetry, and puppet shows. Yogyakarta is historically and culturally part of the Central Java region, although it is now a separate administrative entity. It is the only region in Indonesia that is still governed by a pre-colonial monarchy, the Sultan of Yogyakarta, who serves as the hereditary governor of the region.

source: Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yogyakarta
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Region_of_Yogyakarta

 I took my University degree in Yogyakarta. It tooks 1 hour from my hometown, Magelang by car. Magelang located in Central Java Region. If you want to come here, there’s an international Airport, Adisucipto International Airport. You can take flight from Jakarta (capital city of Indonesia), Surabaya, Bali and some other big city in Indonesia for domestic, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for International. I took my aunty, touring Yogyakarta. We visited Keraton Ngayogyakarta which is the palace of Sultan, Taman Sari Watercastle, Benteng Vredebrug, and Malioboro street. Unfortunately, Benteng Vredeburg was closed on Monday. (We toured on Monday, how pity.)
Malioboro Intersection, Post Office
 
In front of Vredeburg Fortress Museum
===================================================
Let’s see more spesific about those place. ^_____^

(http://aawtraveldiary.wordpress.com/2013/04/04/2013-feb-04-yogyakarta-part-1/)

No comments:

Post a Comment